Operating Safely with COVID-19
The health and safety of my clients is always the priority of my business operations. We are all now operating in a “new normal” of work and living. I’ve taken directions, guidelines and recommendations from the CDC, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and ASMP into my business policies and procedures. These are always evolving to suit the conditions.
COVID-19 Safe-Session Policies & Procedures
UPDATED: July 1, 2021
These coronavirus policies and procedures will apply to all sessions.
All photography sessions will take place at either a non-studio location (outdoors) or in a well ventilated indoor space.
Outdoor locations could be near your business or at another convenient outdoor location. I’ve often used outdoor locations for “studio” headshots. Similar to my studio/indoor sessions I will be using my lighting set up and backdrop(s) for the outdoor sessions. Anyone looking at your images would not know the difference!
All indoor sessions will be conducted in a large and well-ventilated space.
Some people may choose to be more cautious until the pandemic is over. All clients should feel comfortable making the right choices for themselves and weigh their own comfort and risk. I shall be respectful of all clients health and safety requests.
PPE & Social Distancing
- Social Distancing rules will apply at all times. Photographer and client will keep at least 6 feet from each other where practical at all times.
- Masks - Fully vaccinated people can go without a mask unless the setting, conditions or circumstances require otherwise.
- Unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated clients will wear their own mask.
- Masks can be worn at the request of either the client or photographer in the session.
- Photographer and client will comply with any local government and individual business mask requirements.
- Clients will adjust their own hair, makeup or clothing (when no makeup artist scheduled). Photographer will direct the subject to make any needed adjustments themselves. A mirror will be provided for client use.
- A no-touch policy will be in place which means no handshakes/fist bumps/elbow touches.
- Clients shall not touch any piece of photography equipment at any time.
- All image reviews and selects will be done during the session over a laptop.
Corporate and Personal Head Shots
- Clients needing an updated look: I can do that.
- Clients with new hires: I will match a consistent look with the rest of your team images.
How to Book
To book an individual outdoor session contact me to discuss a location.
For larger business and corporate groups needing headshots or commercial images indoors please contact me to discuss a plan for a safe shoot and scheduling.
Cancellation of Session
- 48-hour cancellation policy waived if illness, symptoms or client exposure occurs.
- If either photographer or client feels sick and experiences any COVID-19 specific symptoms (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, headache, muscle or body aches, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting and/or diarrhea) in any capacity prior to the session, or day of, the photo session will not take place under any circumstances and will be rescheduled.
- If the client has knowingly been exposed to people with COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days prior to the session the client is required to report this to the photographer and the photo session will not take place and will be rescheduled.
- If client or photographer feels unsafe at any time during the photo session the session will end and both client and photographer will determine how to proceed.
My Medical Experience & Training
I have experience and training working in medical clinics and hospital departments (in Australia and USA) and as such I take our health and safety very seriously. I’m knowledgeable and skilled on health and safety precautions, cleaning, disinfecting and correct PPE use for the protection of myself and my clients.
These policies and procedures may seem strict but with COVID variants prevalent it is necessary.
With cooperation and respect for these policies and procedures we can keep each other safe and healthy.