Operating Safely with COVID-19
We are all now operating in a “new normal” world of work and living. As such I've attained the new industry position and certification of COVID-19 Compliance Officer (C19CO). With this certification and with ongoing directions, guidelines and recommendations from the CDC, Colorado Department of Health and ASMP I’ve adopted a set of policies and procedures for the protection of my myself and my clients in all my photography sessions.
My client's health and safety is the priority of my business operations.
Medical Experience & Training
I take our health and safety very seriously. I have vast experience and training working in medical clinics and hospital departments (in Australia and USA). With this experience and my COVID-19 Compliance Officer certification I'm trained and knowledgeable on all production and on-set actions of health and safety including screening, monitoring, cleaning, disinfecting and correct PPE use for the protection of myself, my crew and my clients.
COVID-19 Safe-Session Policies & Procedures
These new coronavirus safe-session policies and procedures will apply to all sessions. I will continue to evolve these policies and procedures as the COVID-19 environment develops.
Non-Studio Sessions Available
Photography sessions can take place at a non-studio location, i.e. outdoors. This could be outside near your business location or at another convenient outdoor location. I’ve often used outdoor locations for “studio” headshots. Similar to my studio sessions I use my lighting setup and backdrop(s) for the outdoor sessions. Anyone looking at your images would not know the difference! If weather is a factor I may photograph your headshots in some other convenient, safe and well ventilated space.
Screening, PPE, Social Distancing, Temperatures
- Equipment will be cleaned and disinfected upon set up prior to client’s arrival, and in between clients.
- Each client will complete an online screening questionnaire prior to the session.
- Social Distancing will apply at all times. Photographer and client will keep at least 6 feet from each other at all times.
- Photographer (assistants and makeup artist when scheduled) will wear a mask at all times.
- Clients will wear their own mask to the session and immediately following the session.
- An infrared digital medical thermometer will be used to check each client and crew before the session. Temperature data will be recorded and stored securely.
- A no-touch policy will be in place which means no handshakes/fist bumps/elbow touches. Clients shall not touch any piece of equipment at any time.
- Photographer, assistant, makeup artist and subject will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival to location, and at every hour, and upon completion of the session.
- Photographer will provide hand sanitizer.
- All image reviews and selects will be done online after the session.
- Subject will adjust their own hair, makeup or clothing. Photographer will direct the subject to make any needed adjustments themselves. A mirror will be provided for client use.
For clients needing a new look I can do that. For clients who send me their new hires I will match a consistent look with the rest of your team images.
How to Book
To book an individual non-studio (outdoor) session contact me to discuss a location. For larger business and corporate groups needing headshots please contact me to discuss a plan for acquiring and setup of a safe onsite location and also safe scheduling needs of each person.
Cancellation of Session
- 48 hour cancellation policy waived if illness occurs.
- If either photographer or subject feels sick and experiences any COVID-19 specific symptoms (cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pains, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell) in any capacity prior to the session, or day of, the photo session will not take place under any circumstances and will be rescheduled.
- If the client has knowingly been exposed to people with COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days prior to the session the client is required to report this to the photographer and the photo session will not take place under any circumstances and will be rescheduled.
- If client or photographer feels unsafe at any time during the photo session the session will end and both client and photographer will determine how to proceed.
These policies and procedures may seem overwhelming at first but it is necessary in this “new normal” we are all working in.
Together we can work to keep each other safe & healthy.
We can move through this. We can do this!